Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A New Beginning

Welcome to my new blog. If you have come over from Girls Blog Out, thank you for following me on my journey, if you are new to my blog, welcome and I'm happy to have you along for the ride. 

I initially thought that I would make my first post something profound and thought provoking. But there was a moment last night that we had as a family that keeps playing over and over in my mind and I thought that would be more appropriate and it really explains what makes my Little Silly Life what it is.

I sat in the chair with Brandon reading his favorite book before giving him his bedtime bottle. Chris lay across from us on the couch. As we read through his book, which is counting based, I asked him to find the number 5. He found it!!! I thought it was a fluke so I starting asking him to find 1-4 (which are located on different pages) and he found every one of them!!! Our boy is so smart. Then as Brandon drank his bottle, he was doing the movements to Itsy Bitsy Spider. I started singing the song and he did the movements right along with it. How adorable? And as he lay there trying to fall asleep, he kept repeating mamamamamamam, dadadadadadada over and over is this little whisper. Chris and I were cracking up!! It was then that I realized how big he is getting and how much joy he has brought to our lives. He is amazing. And with him in our life, it makes it even a little more silly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment