Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Haircuts and Snow

One of the greatest things about having my cosmetology license is the money I'm able to save us and our family and friends. I mean, let's face it, we all like to look nice and get our hair and nails done, but it can become quite expensive. My uncle cuts my hair because cutting your own hair is a little difficult, trust me, I've done it. And I don't trust anyone else with my hair!! If you live near Middletown, NJ, you have to go visit The Getaway Salon on Route 35 in Middlestown (732) 671-6067. Go see Tommy (the uncle) or Joey.

I've been cutting my hubby's hair for almost as long as I have known him (WOW 12 years), Dad's hair every 2 weeks like clock work. I cut and color Mom's and sometimes even my Mother-in-Law and neighbor. One other benefit is being able to cut Brandon's hair. It's great to sit him infront of the TV in his booster seat and do what I gotta do. After, he can go right in the bath and get cleaned up. He even helps vaccum up the hair!!! Uncle Tommy did his first hair cut, but his hair grows like a weed and it's easier to just cut it.

Here is a picture of him before we got started:

So Serious...

So, yesterday, my gym partner, Stephanie, and I started going to the gym again after like 3 months. Yes, that long!!! She got sick, I got sick, Brandon got sick, she stayed sick (forever), I got sick.....well, you get it. So we decided to start again. We did our cardio and a good little ab workout. We quickly realized just how out of shape we had gotten over the last 3 months. UGH!!!! But we did it!!!

Needless to say, I think we are single handedly responsible for the scene that the Northeast woke up to his morning. 4 days into Spring and snow?? What other explaination could there be??


 A much different scene than yesterday's Spring themed photos.


I was going to go to the gym today after work, but since they are calling for more snow tonight and into tomorrow, I hoped if I didn't go, the snow would stay away. I'm SO done with winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment