Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Good, Bad and Everything Inbetween

I found out today that my temporary assignment will be ending much sooner than I had anticipated. Ugh. I'll be working 4 day work weeks for the next 3 weeks. Then, well, I don't really know. The job market is still really tough. There are few jobs and many people going for them. I can go back to unemployment (I've only been working for 6 months), but well, it's considerably less a week and for fewer weeks. But I'll take what I can get.

At first, I must admit, I wanted to throw up. I was close to tears and in full panic mode. I must be getting better at controlling my emotions, because I don't think anyone at work knew what was happening in my head. It was not a good neighborhood. I immediately started going over the family budget in my head. I cycled through the bills, where can we cut back, how can we cut back, where can I make some extra cash to supplement? My brain hurt and still hurt, but people do this everyday and most make it out okay and we would too. (Thanks honey)

Not long after receiving this news, I got a call from another agency for a job I had applied for last week. YAY!! Commute is better and salary is better too. She asked me a few exploratory questions and said she would forward my resume to the hiring manager. Here's to hoping. 

But as I still sat in my pity pool, I began thinking (with a little help from my hubby) about some of the positives that might come out of all this. I'd have the time to dedicate to searching for and applying for the right job, not something just for the sake of hopefully finding a job. I'd have time to interview. I recently made the decision to write my ebook and put my father-in-laws book in motion, I'd have time. I'd be able to get our home organized like it used to be and hopefully start preparing for a move next year. I also have an idea for another source of income and I'd have the chance to get that together. Not to mention I'd have some much needed mommy/Brandon time. I miss spending the day with him and now that the weather will be getting nicer, I can take him to the park.

Unfortunately, though, with the good has to come the bad. Although the situation would be as temporary as possible, it would still require a lifestyle change, nothing too drastic, but different nonetheless. We are prepared to do what we need to do.

Haha, I'll have something to blog about now!!!

Keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment