Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Popi's 65th Birthday

On Sunday, we celebrated my father-in-laws 65th birthday. WOW, 65, what a great milestone to reach. We had a wonderful afternoon hanging out, eating, laughing and telling stories. Ya know, a typical family get together. Here are a few pictures from the day.

Popi and Brandon
(no, the crayon never actually made it up Brandon's nose)

Mimi and Popi

Smooches

Mmmmmm, spaghetti and meatballs

Messy boy - he loves his sketties

Dessert - Oatmeal raisin cookies, NY Style Crumb Cake and Ice Box Cake
(I think there was more dessert than dinner)

Candles (yea, I got all artsy)

Helping Popi blow out the candles

"This cake is mine, what are you having?"

I love this picture.

My father-in-law has an amazing story about how he escaped from his country and traveled all over Europe to get to the United States. And for as long as I can remember, he has wanted to get all of his stories and adventures into a book. So, as a gift to him, I am going to write his book for him. It's gonna take time, there are a lot of stories. I think in the 13 or so years that I have known him, I have rarely heard the same story twice. The stories he tells are amazing and you would have never guessed that he did/went through some of the things he has just by looking at him. I am truly honored to be able to give this gift to him. His story will now live forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment