Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ready for Fall

By this time of year, I start getting anxious for the fall season. I’m basically done with summer and ready to move on. I know, you summer lovers are probably cursing me left and right, but the summer in Jersey this year has been unusually hot and humid. We also moved to a new apartment and get the afternoon sun, so at times, it feels like our place is on the surface of the sun. The air conditioners are loud and to try and maintain a cooler temperature we keep the blinds closed. I feel like I am locked up in a cave!!!

Don’t get me wrong, there are many things that I will miss about the summer season. I’ll miss hanging at my Dad’s boat for a lazy Saturday afternoon. I’ll miss the taste of Jersey corn (locally grown and oh so fresh). I’ll miss tan lines, BBQs and the smell of the ocean. I’ll miss the feeling of sand under my feet and flip flops.

Fall is one of my favorite seasons. I love to decorate the house in fall colors and with fall décor. I love making soups and stews and chili. I love the sound of football echoing through the house and hearing my husband scream at the TV. I love the crispness of the air and having my windows open. One of my favorite Fall activities is pumpkin picking and walking through the corn maze. I’m hoping this year Brandon will help decorate the pumpkins. The rainbow of fall colors that decorates the trees is so pretty. I love the sound of leaves crunching under my feet. I love that the holiday season is coming and in our family, that is the biggest time of the year. It means really good food and lots of desserts. It’s a time where we hang inside and stay close as a family.

I have recently taken up photography as a hobby and Fall offers many opportunities for amazing pictures. Our cousins just moved back to Vermont and we have already planned a trip there in October. The scenery should be perfect then.

And without so many things to do on the weekends, I may even get a chance to finish that book….

No comments:

Post a Comment