Monday, October 29, 2012

House Stressed

It sometimes seems like me and my home are one. It's modest, nothing to fancy. It gets by with the bare minimums. It dreams of being stylish and fashionable, but doesn't move outside its comfort zone.

It's no surprise that when my life seems to be spinning slightly out of control, my home does too. And when I realize how disorganized my home is, I literally feel physically sick. It plays on my mind, it haunts me. I have the impulse to shut down everything around me and focus on making my home organized again. Even though most of the disaster areas are behind closed doors, for me, the doors might as well be open. I see it, it know it's there and it stresses me out.

Enter Hurricane Sandy. While I am not a fan of the disaster she will likely cause, I am thankful to her for forcing me to slow down and take the opportunity to clean and to organize. I'm going to take full advantage of the time that I will have. Iv'e charged my dust buster and am ready to go!

The weather is starting to increase its intensity. But there is to feeling of impending doom. The parking lot is full and it seems as though everyone has prepared and is safes inside. The winds are getting stronger. But it looks like the storm will hit behind us so it will not be hitting our windows directly. As a precaution though, we have taped our windows. some immediate surrounding areas have been evacuated. For us, flooding is not a concern. However, the flooding in the area will prevent us from going too far.

We are as ready as we can be living in an apartment, but I keep feeling like there's more I should be doing.

2 comments:

  1. I live in FL so I'm no newbie when it comes to hurricanes. If you aren't under a mandatory evacuation, you're probably going to be okay. I realize the rain and wind can be scary. Mother Nature is a beast. Chances are, you won't even lose power. But just in case...watch something funny on TV or bake or SOMETHING to entertain your mind. You're in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pam. I spent a lot of time baking. Heck, I had to use up those eggs somehow. Turn the perishable into the non-perishable. I organized a few closets and cabinets. I didn't mind not having TV too much, but when the sun went down and it was dark, that was a little more difficult.

    ReplyDelete