Monday, May 6, 2013

A Different Kind of Monday

It's Monday, but it's not like any other Monday before it. I woke up to a new "normal". Out of sorts doesn't even begin to describe how the morning went. I was up later than normal and for the first time in what seemed like forever, Chris and got in each other's way in the bathroom. He's says, "hey, you were supposed to be done in here already." And, yes, I should have been, but today was a different kind of Monday.
There was no hair to do and no make up to put on. No jewelry to choose, or heals clicking down the hall. Just the squeak of my flip flops.

Today was the first day that I didn't have to go to work. I was now a writer/author/stay-at-home mom.

Chris made it to the train and Brandon and I headed to my Mom’s house. Just like any other Monday. Except it wasn’t and I wasn’t rushing worrying about being late for work.

We got to Mom’s and I hung around until after Brandon had breakfast. And I left my Mom’s with a mission and a purpose. I’ve had a plan since I found out when my contract was up. But, things never go as planned.

I got home and made the beds. And then I paced. And then did a little more pacing. I had no idea what to do with myself. I made a laundry list the night before of tasks I wanted to accomplish and calls that needed to be made. I had good intentions, really, I did. But on this different kind of Monday, I was lost.

This isn’t the first time I had ever been home. I stayed home until Brandon was 16 months old. I knew what needed to be done, but I was severely out of practice.

Then it hit me. My inspiration…ORGANIZING!!!

I straightened Brandon’s room and then ironed Chris’ clothes…for the week. I made dinner and did the dishes.

Kelly got her groove back.

Here’s to a different kind of Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment