Monday, July 29, 2013

Fat to Fit - End of Week 1

I have ended week 1 of my Fat to Fit journey. And what a week it was!! Although I did not get the results I was hoping for, I did kick ass out on the pavement. I got out and walked/ran Monday through Friday and clocked a total of 12 miles. My strength training didn't go so well, as in, it didn't. But I still managed to lose an inch overall while my weight stayed the same. 

Lesson learned: GET IT DONE!!!

One thing I realized about my eating habits, is that they are all over the place. Being unemployed makes it so hard to maintain an eating regime, at least for me. I know, you'd think it was the other way around. When I was working, I planned my meals, breakfast, lunch and 2 snacks. I had it all packed in my little lunch bag. 

Seems like a great diet, right? Not when your job is to sit on your butt for 8 hours at computer. I'd take the stairs coming and going, but it wasn't enough. We'd eat late because hubby didn't get home until just before 6:30pm. After cleaning up, packing lunches, ironing and showers for 3, the night was gone and I was far to exhausted to head to the gym at 8pm. 

But when I am home, I get up, have my coffee and I'm off. Either cleaning up, organizing, writing or out walking. Some days I literally forget to eat. I'd realize at like 2pm that I was starving. Awful habit. And probably the hardest for me to break. So, this week, I'm making it a priority to eat regularly, eat healthy and add in the strength training. 

What tips or tricks do you use to make sure you are eating the right foods through out the day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment