Monday, July 22, 2013

Fat to Fit

For as long as I can remember, I have struggled with my weight. Not because of a medical problem, simply because my diet sucked and I did't exercise. I start eating healthily, I stop. I start exercising, I stop, I make excuses, I find more important things to do than take care of myself. Cause, honestly, who am I accountable to besides myself? No one. And as any wife, mother or human being knows, it is really easy to let yourself down and forgive yourself with a justifiable excuse, truly a very dysfunctional relationship.

This is where Fat to Fit comes in. It's a way for me to stay committed and accountable. <gulp>

Over the last few months, I have tried a few different things to lose weight and get fit. Most importantly, we have really tried to watch our diet and portions. I am cooking more clean foods, less carbs, more veggies. But it hasn't been enough. I've been doing some cardio and different workout challenges, but it just isn't the right combination for me. Don't get me wrong, I am super proud of the 12 pounds I lost since May, but there is more work to be done.

So, I took to the internet, okay, Pinterest, for inspiration. I pinned, I tried, I hated, I loved, until I found a combination of cardio and strength training that I could live with. I'm no personal trainer, but I feel that I found enough workouts to work each "trouble spot", better known as everywhere!!

Today I began my journey. I began my journey at 181 pounds. Today I began with a 2.5 mile walk and a full body workout. I took my measurements to also gage progress.

I'm really excited to finally be on the road to being healthy and fit. Now to stay motivated...

How do you stay motivated? I'd love to hear tips in the comments below!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment