Wednesday, December 2, 2015

My Not-So-Traditional Christmas Tree

I'm very particular about my Christmas trees. I get it from my Mom. Her trees were always (and still are) so beautiful. The ornaments are perfectly coordinated and placed in just the right spot. Every. Single. Time.

I'll typically spend the entire time it's up, fluffing, rearranging and adjusting. I prefer even numbers and things that are symmetrical. I have weird quirks like that, but we'll talk about that another time.



This year with an 18 month old running around, I knew it would be nearly impossible to have my perfect tree. I needed a Plan B. A plan that would allow me to look past the bunched up ornaments and be okay with a tree that is in complete chaos. Cause really, it's complete and utter chaos.

Then I came across a photo on Facebook. It seemed like the answer and one that I could be okay with. One that would make me set aside my quirks and have a "fun" tree.

My husband and 6 year old are huge Star Wars fans, okay, I am too. So, with the movie coming out the week before Christmas, what better way to celebrate Star Wars and Christmas than with a Darth Vader Christmas tree. Yes, we dressed up our tree as Darth Vader and decorated with plastic Christmas balls and my son's Star Wars toy figures, which he picked out with very strategic reasoning. Yup, he's got it too. To my son, in advance, I'm so sorry. LOL.


By now, the ornaments and toys have made it to the top half of the tree. As the little one takes them off, the big one strategically places them right out of the little ones reach. Smart and a little evil. 

While I miss my ornaments and my perfectly symmetrical tree, I am happy that the tree is a little untraditional this year. 

It's a mess and it is the most beautiful mess I have ever seen. 

2 comments:

  1. I love it. Awesome photos. My goal one year soon is a halloween tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! A Halloween tree is a great reason to put the tree up in October.

    ReplyDelete