Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Insection

So, I took a sick day off from work yesterday with all intentions of lying on the couch, watching Lifetime and relaxing. I felt awful Monday and didn’t want to push myself. Mom took Brandon for a sleep-over so I could rest. And rest I did…8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I don’t think that I’ve done that in 22 months!!
I woke up around 6:30am (even without being woken up) and got Chris up for work. Well, I didn’t do our normal routine the night before so he needed something ironed for work. I dragged out the ironing board and iron and started ironing. Well, out of the corner of my eye I saw something scurry across the floor. Was it really something or were my sleepy eyes playing tricks on me? Rather than take the chance, I slid the ottoman out of the way, and there it was, this hideous centipede looking thing at least 2 inches long. Eeeeewwwww, gross. We typically don’t get bugs with the cats (the only good thing about them). They usually catch them before we even see them, but I think even they were afraid of this one.
I grabbed the nearest shoe and BAM!!! Son of a bitch!!! I missed (no surprise, my aim totally sucks). Now this thing ran further under the chair. So here I am at 6:45 in the morning, moving furniture and chasing a bug (mutant bug) around the living room. I moved the chair, looked under the area rug and saw NOTHING!!! Great, where is it hiding?
At this point, Chris got out of the shower and came out to see what all the commotion was all about. I told him and he said, “It probably ran under the baseboard.” Was that supposed to make me feel better? This little freak of nature was still in my house, lurking and waiting for the perfect moment to attack. Not this time bug.
Finally, I saw it run!! GO, GO, GO!!! I grabbed a shoe again and BAM!! SPLAT!! Got ya sucker!!! Crisis averted.
Needless to say, my day of rest turned into a day to Spring clean. I was totally grossed out. I am so happy to have a clean home again. I miss being home and everything always being this clean. Hmmm, we may have to do something about that. SOON!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment