Friday, May 6, 2011

A Blog a Day in May Day #6 - Busy Day

We woke up this morning, had breakfast and headed over to my mom's to drop Brandon off. We had a lot of running around to do in preparation for the move.

It started by taking a ride to a used book store to sell some books. Great way to make a few extra bucks and clear out some space. From there we headed to the local library to donate the books that the book store couldn't take. We also had to. Make a stop at the police station.

I had applied for an Executive Assistant position through CareerBuilder.com. The "company" responded that they would be interested and it would be an at-home position creating documents, managing his calendar, responding to emails, etc. Okay.

I get another email saying that he sent me a check via UPS and I was to cash it, take my pay and Western Union the rest to somewhere else. Well, I got the check and it was issued from a company other than his. My husband called the issuing company and they said they have been getting reports of fraudulent checks and appreciated him bringing to their attention. So, we brought the check and emails to the detective unit...the purpose of the trip.

After that we went to the car dealer where we spent the rest of the day for a colossal waste of time.

Now we are on our way out for a little Mother's Day (much needed) adult time. Brandon is having a sleep over at MiMi and Popi's.

Aaaaahhh, adult time.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment