Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes

When it's that time of the month, I want chocolate. I want sweets. But this time i didn't just want cookies, or cakes. I wanted something that I could pack a sweet tooth punch, while keeping the portion size and diet in check. So, I do what I always do when I need inspiration, I take to my Pinterest boards. I opened my baking board cause that's where all the good stuff is, and started scrolling. 

The entire board looked good. But I wanted something that had it all. I finally came across a recipe that I had pinned ages ago - Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes. Mmmmm. SOLD!!!

What You'll Need
Creamy peanut butter
1 package original Oreos
1 box brownie mix of your choice (and the ingredients listed on the box)
Muffin tins
Cupcake liners (you won't need these if you use silicone muffin tins)

Yield: 18


How to Make Them
First, I lined all my muffin tins and prepared the brownie mix according to the box directions. Then started putting my Oreo "sandwiches" together. 

Spread some peanut butter on the top of an Oreo and place another Oreo on top. For some extra peanut butter loveliness, spread some peanut butter on top of that too. My husband LOVES peanut butter and greatly appreciated this. This was also how they looked in the original post, but there was no mention of it in the directions. 


Before putting the cake in the cupcake liner, if you are using one, add some brownie mix as a base. I found that the paper liner stuck to the bottom Oreo when I cooked them. 


The original post suggested 2 tablespoons of brownie mix. I didn't measure to be honest. For the first spoonful, I made sure that I coated the entire cake.


For the second spoonful, I left just enough room for the brownie to rise. This seemed to be a pretty accurate measure.


The original recipe called for 18-20 minutes on 350 degrees. I did bake them at 350, but baked them closer to a half an hour. That could just be a variation in my oven, so make sure you check them at around 18 minutes to be sure. I knew they were done when the top was firm. 



Um, can you say yum? 


These were rather easy and quick to make. However, I do think that if I make them again, I will experiment with only one Oreo in the middle. The Oreos didn't get soft, so it made it a little dry, so have a a large glass of milk ready.




No comments:

Post a Comment